Hot Topics & Recipes.
SUBSCRIBE to receive delicious RECIPES straight to your inbox every month: Click Here
This Month's Recipes.
Two terrific recipes from this months newsletter:
Fish Tacos with Cabbage and Coriander Salad
& Easy Fish Meal for your BBQ (or Kitchen)
Prep: 15 mins • Cook: 30 mins
700g sweet potato, scrubbed, cut into wedges
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 mini corn tortillas
600g flathead fillets
1 tablespoon mild paprika
300g packet coleslaw mix (or make your own)
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoons reduced-fat French dressing
1 small avocado, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 large tomato, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
2. Put sweet potato wedges on prepared tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast wedges for 30 mins, or until tender, golden and crisp.
3. Meanwhile, oil the grill plate and hotplate of a barbecue; heat to medium–high.
4. Warm tortillas on grill plate for 2–3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer tortillas to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
5. Sprinkle fish fillets evenly with paprika, then spray with olive oil. Cook fish on hotplate, turning, for 3–4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Transfer fish to a plate and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix, coriander leaves and French dressing in a large salad bowl. Place avocado and lime juice in a small bowl; mash roughly with a fork until almost smooth.
7. Spread reserved warm tortillas with mashed avocado, then top with fish, chopped tomato, and cabbage and coriander salad.
8. Serve tacos with sweet potato wedges and remaining salad.
Tip for Your BBQ:
* Make sure the grill plate is hot before adding food, If you can hold your palm 6cm above the hotplate for 3-4 seconds, it's ready.
If you can't, it's too hot ! And if you can last any longer, it's too cold !
* Don't overcrowd a grill, as this lowers the temperature, causing the meat/fish to stew in its juice.
Grilled Fish with Chilli-Lime Corn and Asparagus
Another Fabulous Fish Recipe - quick, tasty & nutritious
Time: 25mins Serves 4
2 teaspoons lime zest
2 small red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 small corn cobs, husks and silks removed
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon miring (available in supermarket, also good for making teriyaki sauce)
2 shallots, white part only, finely chopped
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
4 x 150g firm, white fish fillets
2 baby cos, trimmed, cut into long wedges
1. Combine lime zest, half the chilli and 3 teaspoons of the olive oil in a bowl. Brush lime mixture over corn cobs. Wrap each cob in a 30cm piece of foil.
2. Combine remaining chilli and olive oil, lime juice, mirin and shallots in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Preheat barbecue or large chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Cook corn, turning, for 8–10 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside.
4. Spray the fish and asparagus with olive oil. Cook the fish for 2–3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Sauté the asparagus for 2–3 minutes, turning, or until spears are lightly charred and just tender.
5. Serve fish with asparagus, corn and cos wedges. Drizzle with the reserved chilli-lime dressing.
Recipe from www.healthyfoodguide.com.au
More recipes on:
"Sarah Dacres-Mannings from Dynamic Dietitians" facebook page