Hot Topics & Recipes.
SUBSCRIBE to receive delicious RECIPES straight to your inbox every month: Click Here
This Month's Recipes.
Two terrific recipes from this months newsletter:
Pesto Zucchini Roll Up Lasagne
Preparation time: 30 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
4 red capsicum
3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
½ cup pesto
1 cup baby spinach leaves
690g bottle passata sauce
2 tablespoons pinenuts
- Place whole capsicum on a lined baking tray and bake in a hot oven, 200°C, for 30 minutes or until charred and blistered. Remove from oven and place in paper bag to cool. Remove skin from capsicum and slice as wide as the zucchini.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices lengthwise.
- Spread pesto over the zucchini slices, top with a few baby spinach leaves and a slice of capsicum. Roll up.
- Place a small amount of passata sauce in a square ovenproof dish. Arrange zucchini rolls, filling side up, and pour over remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with pinenuts and bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 20-30 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
1. Use medium sized thick zucchini as they work the best when rolled up.
2. A mandoline on a thin slicing blade cuts these zucchini ribbons beautifully otherwise cut thinly with a sharp knife.
3. Great gluten free option.
Baked Pears with Macadamia
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutesIngredients
200g mixed dried fruit, chopped
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp water
2 large pears, cored and halved
¼ cup macadamia nuts, chopped Method:
- In a bowl, combine dried fruit, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar and water.
- Put pear halves in a microwave dish, cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until tender but firm.
- Place pear halves on a lightly-greased baking tray with the cored centre facing up. You may need to slice some pear off the bottom to ensure it remains level.
- Spoon fruit mixture into the centre of pears and top with chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C for 20 minutes, or until macadamia nuts are golden.
More recipes on:
"Sarah Dacres-Mannings from Dynamic Dietitians" facebook page