Hot Topics & Recipes.
SUBSCRIBE to receive delicious RECIPES straight to your inbox every month: Click Here
This Month's Recipes.
Two terrific recipes from this months newsletter:
San Choy Bau
A Favourite !
A Favourite !
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece ginger, finely grated
500g lean pork mince
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
12 large lettuce leaves
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts, optional
- Heat wok over high heat until hot. Add peanut oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and pork. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork just changes colour.
- Add soy sauce and oyster. Add onions, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and sesame oil to wok. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in beansprouts.
- Spoon pork mixture into lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with coriander and peanuts, if using. Serve.
Peanut San Choy Bau
A perfect snack, simple lunch or easy starter!!!
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
3 shallots / spring onions, chopped
3 cups diced or chopped vegetables such as carrot, bean sprouts, red capsicum, cauliflower, corn and zucchini
¼ cup frozen peas and corn
1/2 cup crunchy Peanut Butter
2 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
Fresh crisp lettuce leaves to serve
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the garlic, ginger and shallots, cook 30 seconds
- Add the chopped and frozen vegetables and Sanitarium Crunchy Peanut Butter, cook tossing regularly for about 4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften
- Add 1 tbsp. water, cover and steam until tender, about 2 minutes
- Toss with the soy sauce, sesame oil
- Pile into a serving dish and scatter with the sesame seeds and coriander. Serve with crisp lettuce leaves.
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
More recipes on:
"Sarah Dacres-Mannings from Dynamic Dietitians" facebook page